Our Team is Our Strength
Do you desire to have a job you love, a workplace that appreciates its employees, and the opportunity to make a positive impact in your community while you work? If your answer is yes, we can’t wait to meet you!
The Sacramento Region Community Foundation is seeking a highly skilled accounting professional with a passion for our mission to join our team as Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant will report directly to the Controller and will provide excellent financial and administrative support to the Foundation.
Make a Difference in Our Community – Now and Always.
The Sacramento Region Community Foundation is dedicated to connecting people who care with causes that matter. As the capital region’s primary provider of philanthropic services, we help people give back and achieve their philanthropic goals effectively, confidently, and with the support of an expert team connected to the pulse of our community.
The Foundation houses 700 charitable funds for people, families, and businesses, and nonprofits, the majority of which are endowed to ensure they provide support for important causes in perpetuity. We have been the region's trusted steward of philanthropic funds since 1983, and today manage $200 million in assets. Together with our fundholders, we are one of the largest local grantmakers in the region: Over the past 40 years, we have awarded more than $200 million to support important causes, most of which have made a positive difference directly in El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, and Yolo counties.
In addition to managing their charitable funds, we work in partnership with our fundholders and other local leaders to transform the capital area through strategic grantmaking and impact initiatives that foster a more vibrant and equitable community for all — including our most visible program, Big Day of Giving. To learn more about our philanthropic services and community initiatives, please visit our website at www.sacregcf.org.
Our vision is a thriving and resilient region where generosity and collaboration create equitable opportunity, and our mission is to lead, serve, and inspire enduring philanthropy for a just and vibrant Sacramento region.
- This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position.
- We have a 9/80 work schedule, with every other Friday off.
- Flextime for working days.
- Hybrid work schedule with 2-3 days a week in the office
Our Compensation and Benefits Show How Much We Value Our Team
- Pay Range: $70,000 - $90,000, depending on experience.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K program with generous foundation contribution
- Generous vacation and holiday policy
- Fun mixers and team-building events.
Data Entry and Activity Processing
- Process wire transfer of funds between bank, investment accounts and investment managers.
- Review available funds for grants.
- Execute cash moves for investment pools.
- Reconcile and record monthly investment earnings (pools, CGAs, CRTs) from investment statements.
- Post allocation of investment earnings and expenses.
- Miscellaneous specific fund reporting requested by CEO or Directors.
- Produce monthly financial reports for departments and the Finance Committee.
- Produce operational reports and presentations requested by CFO.
- Manage quarterly donor fund statement process.
General Ledger Maintenance
- Prepare and post journal entries.
- Prepare monthly Prepaid Expense Entries
- Prepare quarterly Depreciation Expense Entry
- Reconcile Asset and Liability Accounts
- Understand and serve as back-up for maintaining the chart of accounts, setting up funds, and other system settings within the Foundation's financial system.
- Answer incoming calls as necessary and respond to stakeholder inquiries.
- Provide support to CFO and Controller and perform additional duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent.
- Nonprofit experience preferred and/or interest in working in the nonprofit field.
- Fund accounting is a plus.
- Ability to work in a changing environment.
- Detail oriented.
- Willingness to learn and grow in responsibility.
- Demonstrated administrative efficiency and effectiveness.
- Strong computer skills—spreadsheet, word processing, database.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.