CAREER OPPORTUNITY – JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Philanthropy Job Posting
Our Team Is Our Strength.
The Sacramento Region Community Foundation is seeking a dynamic and experienced professional with a passion for our mission to join our team as Philanthropy Coordinator. The Philanthropy Coordinator will report directly to the Senior Director of Philanthropy and will serve as a member of the Foundation’s Philanthropy & Communications team.
Make a difference in our community – now and always.
The Sacramento Region Community Foundation is dedicated to connecting people who care about causes that matter. As the capital region’s primary provider of philanthropic services, we help people give back and achieve their philanthropic goals effectively, confidently, and with the support of an expert team connected to the pulse of our community.
The Foundation houses 700 charitable funds for people, families, and businesses, and nonprofits, the majority of which are endowed to ensure they provide support for important causes in perpetuity. We have been the region's trusted steward of philanthropic funds since 1983, and today manage $200 million in assets. Together with our fundholders, we are one of the largest local grant makers in the region: Over the past 40 years, we have awarded more than $220 million to support important causes, most of which have made a positive difference directly in El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, and Yolo counties.
In addition to managing their charitable funds, we work in partnership with our fundholders and other local leaders to transform the capital area through strategic grantmaking and impact initiatives that foster a more vibrant and equitable community for all — including our most visible program, Big Day of Giving. To learn more about our philanthropic services and community initiatives, please visit our website at www.sacregcf.org.
Our vision is a thriving and resilient region where generosity and collaboration create equitable opportunity, and our mission is to lead, serve, and inspire enduring philanthropy for a just and vibrant Sacramento region.
- This is a part-time, non-exempt position working 21 hours per week, with an opportunity for growth.
- Hybrid work schedule with two days per week in the office.
Our compensation and benefits show how much we value our team:
- $20 - $25 per hour, depending on experience.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance.
- 401K program with generous Foundation contribution.
- Vacation and holiday pay (pro-rated for a part-time schedule).
- Fun mixers and team-building events.
About the Position:
As part of the Philanthropy and Communications (P&C) team and reporting to the Senior Director of Philanthropy (SDP), the Philanthropy Coordinator will support efforts to build and strengthen relationships with fundholders and donors at the Foundation.
The primary goals of the Foundation’s philanthropic efforts are to steward existing fundholders and attract new fundholders, partners, and sponsors to advance the Foundation’s mission. Primary audiences for engagement include current and prospective donors, professional advisors, nonprofit organizations, business and community leaders, members of the public, as well as the Foundation board and staff.
The position will require the ability to work remotely and from the Foundation's office in Sacramento.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement the logistics of multiple in-person and virtual events for fundholders, key stakeholders, and community leaders. This position will take the lead for some events and will serve in a support role for others.
- Serve as a primary contact for Foundation fundholders by helping them to manage their funds and answer questions related Donor Portal guidance, information on fund statements and balances, etc.
- Update and maintain the Foundation’s contact lists and databases.
- Support the Philanthropic Advisors’ Forum by arranging committee meetings, taking notes, providing in-person and virtual event coordination, assisting with advisor outreach, and building monthly newsletters for distribution.
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Philanthropy Officer and the Senior Director of Philanthropy with processes such as, but not limited to:
- Opening new funds, creating database profiles, processing, and filing fund agreements, and compiling welcome packets to new fundholders.
- Managing the gift acknowledgement letter process.
- Providing reports, both internal and external to community foundation affiliate.
- Scheduling meetings.
- Processing donor correspondence.
- Tracking action items and donor follow-up.
- Conducting significant donor and funder research, preparing team for successful donor acquisition.
- Maintain vendor relationships and their associated contracts, invoices, lists, costs and deliverables.
- Coordinate the Philanthropy & Communications master calendar and ensure event dates and project deadlines are accurately reported to internal and external audiences.
- Participate in the development and tracking of an annual Philanthropy & Communications plan and budget, with quarterly goals and measurements.
- Offer reception support, including greeting visitors and answering phones.
- Minimum of three years working in administrative roles and event coordination.
- Experience in the nonprofit sector preferred.
- College degree preferred, but significant and relevant work experience may substitute.
- Access to high-speed internet when working remotely and ability to travel to the Foundation when scheduled in-office.
- Commitment in the mission, vision, and values of the Foundation.
The Sacramento Region Community Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.